On this Episode of HealthMade Radio Dr. Michael Karlfeldt interviews Robert Tisserand a world-renowned expert on essential oils and aromatherapy.
Robert has spent his life advancing aromatherapy and the world’s understanding of essential oils, their benefits and safe use. He has more than 40 years of experience developing aromatherapy products and essential oil blends. In 1977, he wrote The Art of Aromatherapy a seminal book that is now available in 12 languages. More recently, he co-authored the 780-page book mentioned above, Essential Oil Safety, a definitive guide for the safe use of essential oils.
Robert integrates scientific data with holistic principles within his approach to essential oils. He follows research that is published about essential oils and collaborates with physicians, pharmacologists and herbalists. He understands the foundations of oriental medicine and is informed by the Western herbal and naturopathic traditions that emphasize cleansing, protecting and strengthening the immune system as well as assisting natural healing processes.
Meanwhile, Robert continues his work as a leader in the global aromatherapy community and shares his knowledge through his blog, events and online training.
In this episode you will learn:
Cosmetic, psycho-theraputic and medicinal effects of oils
Psychological well-being with oils for depression, Seasonal Effectiveness Disorder
Guidelines for intermittent oil inhalation
Topical application General Guidelines and Risks
More about Robert Tisserand:
- Established The Aromatic Oil Company (a predecessor of Tisserand Aromatherapy, now owned by First Natural Brands)
- Founded The Tisserand Institute
- Launched (as well as published and edited) The International Journal of Aromatherapy
- International Advisory Board of Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice
- National Perfumers Guild
- Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) Research Committee
- International Federation of Aromatherapists
- International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the AIA
- Honorary Lifetime Membership from the International Federation of Aromatherapists
- Honorary Lifetime Membership from the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists
- Honorary Lifetime Membership from the AIA
To learn more about Robert Tisserand, visit https://roberttisserand.com
HealthMade is a community for natural health seekers where we educate people about common health conditions and share extensive research on the most effective natural health treatments. Our core belief is in the innate intelligence and healing power of the body and that, if properly supported spiritually, emotionally, and nutritionally, it can find its way back to health. HealthMade Radio brings you information from integrative health experts from around the world!
-Your host is Dr. Michael Karlfeldt